Wednesday, June 2, 2010

About the girls

What can I possibly do?
Open Arms is working to restore girls who are victims of sexual exploitation. I have absolutely no idea how I can possibly make an impact with these young women. Watching these videos gives me more questions than answers. But I guess I'm not expected to have all the answers, or really any sort of plan for myself going down there because that's what I learned from the Book of James! I love me some James!

13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." 

Not that I plan to go there and "carry on business and make money" of course...but I think the take away is the part about God's will...If it's God's will that I go, then I'm sure he'll use me in a good way.


Day 4: Street Exploitation of Young Girls

Day 4 - Street Girls: Sexual Exploitation (Prostitution) from Open Arms Foundation on Vimeo.


Day 5: Restoration of Innocence

Day 5 - Girls Program: Restoration of Innocence from Open Arms Foundation on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment